Legal Seminar: Post-Merger/Acquisition Data Breaches Mar 29, 2016
MLMW mergers and acquisitions lawyer, John Lonnquist, will be presenting a legal seminar on April 5, 2016: “Post-Merger/Acquisition Data Breaches”. The program is sponsored by the Colorado Bar Association and the M&A Subsection of the CBA Business Law Section. John will be joined by cyber security consultant, Mitch Tanenbaum, of Information Risk Strategy Consulting.
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- How Does Cyber Security Risk Impact the Purchase Price in a Transaction?
- What Can a Buyer Do To Offload This Unknown Risk to Seller?
- What Risks May Arise from a Law Firm’s Own Technology Systems and Practices?
- What is Reputational Risk to a Law Firm from the Discovery – Post- Transaction – of a Data Breach?
- What Practical Suggestions/ Recommendations Exist?
Recently there have been a number of mergers and acquisitions where data breaches occurred or were discovered after the transactions were concluded. This program will discuss the issues in connection with such breaches and what is currently known with respect to the associated costs and who will bear them.
For more information see: http://cle.cobar.org/Seminars/Event-Info/sessionaltcd/MA040516L
(Mallon Lonnquist Morris & Watrous, PLLC, is a business, real estate, finance, and litigation law firm. John Lonnquist is a Colorado M&A attorney with MLMW, based in Denver, Colorado. John regularly represents corporations and individuals in M&A transactions. John can be reached at Jlonnquist@mlmw-law.com and 303-722-8261)