Colorado Business Litigation AttorneysRequest Free Consultation
The reasons companies find themselves in business disputes are as unique as each business itself. It is the role of a business litigation attorney to advise companies in strategy during early phases and through disputes that have matured into a lawsuit to maintain the company’s position of strength. Business attorneys with experience in handling commercial litigation in all phases including trials are a strategic use of resources for a business facing disputes.
How a Business Litigator Can Help
Business litigation can take on a life of its own, but having an attorney, like the experienced litigators at Mallon Lonnquist Morris & Watrous can help. Our Denver business lawyers have over 30 years of experience assisting the businesses of Colorado settle disputes or take them through trial when necessary. We know that having a skilled attorney can make all the difference between a positive and negative outcome for your business in its dispute, and avoiding the costly distraction of litigation if possible.
The Denver business litigation attorneys of Mallon Lonnquist Morris & Watrous regularly practice their craft representing clients, both in court and in trial when necessary. We regularly help our clients demonstrate their position to opponents, compile evidence and communication, and incentive early resolution of their business disputes. If your Colorado business is facing the prospect of litigation, contact us today at (303) 777-1411 to discuss how we may assist in posturing your company or a better settlement or better result at trial.
Common Business Litigation Matters in Denver, CO
Common business disputes can include:
- Breach of contract
- Royalty or licensing enforcement
- Disputes between business partners, or former employees
- Disputes over non-compete or confidential disclosures
- Payment disputes between clients and vendors
- Business dissolution
- Business insurance claims
- Employment disputes
All of these claims can be serious, but our skilled attorneys can help you as we argue your side and present your evidence to the judge or jury involved in your case.
Each Business Dispute Is Different
Every case is different, but our attorneys treat every case as if it will end in trial. We are a small firm and have the ability to engage in matters deeply including understanding our clients and their business to help tell their story. We are business attorneys first, and our extensive knowledge in business litigation aids in moving towards resolution of the case and understanding the necessary types of evidence that exist or may be developed. Companies in business litigation often must establish lost profits, ability to perform and that reasonable measures were taken when involved in early stages of a dispute. Having an experienced business litigation attorney can help take early steps to position your business for negotiating a settlement and avoiding litigation or trial.
For cases that must go the distance, we are proud to help our clients win their suits, arguing their case passionately from day one. The attorneys of Mallon Lonnquist Morris & Watrous Morris & Watrous will help you every step of the way, evaluating evidence and every available angle to help you.
Business litigation, as with most other litigation, can be solved outside of the courtroom. These pretrial settlements can help save you time and money, while still reaching the desired outcome. Our experience in business litigation has shown that the cases best prepared to win in the courtroom have the most favorable settlements outside the courtroom.
Our Business Litigation Attorneys’ Experience
Our business litigation lawyers understand the importance of handling tense situations and diffusing that tension during the litigation process. We can do this, and help your case by:
- Helping show the big picture, including any breach of contract, setting the scene and framework of the dispute, and helping prove our clients were not liable for claims being levied at them.
- Determining the situation and the facts that pertain to the case and implementing processes for delivery of evidence and records to our firm.
- Identifying case law or any existing precedent that may be applicable to your case and presenting to the other side early in a case.
- Writing and filing briefs in the courts to advance your case, not just for the sake of filing.
We have experience in representing clients in a variety of business litigation matters, including through resolution in trials and arbitration in the following selected experience:
- MLMW represented a business owner in litigation who was coerced into signing a business ownership agreement and whose company assets were stolen. This piece of business litigation resulted in a verdict after a week-long jury trial in Denver.
- MLMW represented a construction service provider in a payment dispute against a property owner. This business dispute secured a favorable award after a week-long arbitration held at our Denver office.
- Represented a professional service provider in breach of contract litigation (lease) against the landlord, securing a jury verdict after a week-long trial.
- Represented business sellers in a 4-day bench trial in post- M&A closing dispute involving claims of non-payment and misrepresentation.
Mallon Lonnquist Morris & Watrous is here for the businesses of Colorado. We aim to help you with all of your business litigation issues, fighting to ensure that you and your business have the protection that you deserve with a winning team on your side. We have over 30 years of experience litigating across the state of Colorado and have taken pride in helping our clients. Don’t let the threat of “You will be hearing from my lawyer” stop you in your tracks, contact us today and let us start helping you as soon as your consultation ends. We are here for the people of Colorado when they need help with business law.