Colorado Real Estate Disputes and LitigationRequest Free Consultation
Real Estate Attorneys Representing Clients in Disputes and Related Litigation
Real estate is a significant investment, and every piece of commercial and residential real estate is unique. This fundamental truth is recognized in Colorado law and guides our firm’s real estate dispute and litigation practice. If you are in or near entering a Colorado real estate dispute, it is important to bring experienced real estate attorneys onto the team right away as an early strategy is critical to resolving real estate disputes favorably.
Real estate and other development ventures, such as commercial leasing, have the potential to lead to disputes during the contract phase and after closing. Our firm represents buyers and sellers of real estate as well as landlords and tenants of commercial properties in a variety of real estate disagreements under Colorado law including:
- Real estate boundary line and title disputes
- Easement disputes involving scope, duration, and termination of easements
- Earnest money disputes
- Commercial lease disputes
- Construction and mechanic’s liens
- Escrow, closing and earnest money disputes
- Slander of title and removal of lis pendens
- Non-disclosure and misrepresentation disputes
- Real estate contract enforcement and specific performance
- Colorado real estate broker disputes including broker commission disputes
- Broker professional malpractice and negligence claims
- Co-owner disputes and partition actions
- Mediation of real estate disputes
Disputes over boundary and title issues can decrease the value of a real estate investment. They can prevent closing and lead to litigation or a recording of a lis pendens. Such obstacles can impact planned development potential. Even prior to closing, problems can arise related to due diligence, matters of title, real estate contract cancellation, and earnest money disputes.
Experienced Real Estate Attorneys Bring Success in Handling Disputes
Our Denver-based real estate attorneys have experience in handling real estate disputes and litigation across the front range and in mountain communities. Mallon Lonnquist Morris Watrous PLLC represents buyers, developers and property owners as well as commercial lease tenants in real estate disputes in Colorado. We have achieved successful outcomes for clients in a range of unique real estate issues and disputes including:
- Successful resolution of earnest money dispute including an award of attorney fees for our client.
- Represented real estate purchaser in breach of contract case seeking specific performance leading to client’s successful closing on property.
- Represented landowner successfully in two trials involving property boundary line dispute and easement dispute.
- Defended real estate sellers in pre-litigation demand of misrepresentation and non-disclosure.
- Represented commercial tenant in jury trial against landlord for violations of lease agreement.
- Represented commercial tenant in wrongful eviction case, preventing eviction and obtaining award of attorney fees.
- Represented landowners in obtaining removal of lis pendens.
- Defended developers and contractors in claims of negligent construction and development of real estate projects.
We bring a collaborative and strategic approach guided by our experience across a variety of real estate issues. We recognize the goal for businesses and property owners is to preserve the value of their investment, which includes the efficient use of real estate attorneys in managing related disputes. With our success in real estate litigation, we will both protect your interests and fight to enforce your rights. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your real estate needs and how we can help to strategically resolve them.